Greens want to help millions of Americans obtain a green-collar job that pays a living wage while helping to build a brighter environmental future. Green jobs will help us stabilize our national economic crisis and the global climate.
- Massive public investment to create millions of green jobs in fields such as energy conservation, renewable energy, sustainable agriculture, green building and the construction of mass transportation.
- Creating an inclusive program to train women and workers of color for the new, clean energy economy.
- Prioritizing the creation of green jobs in communities of color and low income communities.
- Union organizing at all workplaces.
- Adopting a reduced-hour 35 hour work week as a standard.