Green Party of California
for Alternate, Delegation to Green Party of the United States
August 10th, 2009
Name - Cynthia Santiago
City - Gardena
County - Los Angeles
Contact information - Miss.Cynthia.Santiago@gmail.com
1) Please list any prior or current positions, related experience, and/or personal
and professional skills within of the Green Party that you have, that apply to
• Green Party member since 2002.
• Campaign Worker for Green Party Candidate Josefina Santiago for Santa
Monica City Council, November 2002
• Featured in LA Weekly article about young Greens
2) Please list any prior or current positions, related experience, and/or personal
and professional skills outside of the Green Party that you have, that apply to
• Virginia Park Youth Involvement Project, Santa Monica, California
Youth Advisory Leader, July 2001 – January 2006
Worked with City Staff and Architects on Youth Design team for Virginia
Avenue Park Teen Center. Conducted youth focus groups regarding
programming for newly built youth center.
Monica High School Associated Student Body President, 2002-200
• Wes Prisoner Resource & Education Project (WesPREP), Middletown,
Core Member, January 2004 – December 2006
Worked to implement college-in-prison program for Connecticut prisons;
organized the Wesleyan Prison Education Symposium in 2004. Aided the
volunteer program in local Connecticut prisons where Wesleyan students
led workshops for prisoners; organized the prison education series.
• Currently, member of Southwestern Latina/o Law Student Association.
3) Please describe your vision for
serving as GPUS Delegate including addressing the job description for GPUS Delegate.
I am a strong believer in social justice and the environment. I
will do my best to advance the Ten Key values and represent the
Green Party of California.