DRAFT Coordinating Committee minutes, August 6th, 2018

August 6, 2018
7:30PM to 9:30PM

------------------------------------------
(01) Roll call (2 min)

Due to the recent resignation of Angelica Duenas, there are currently 23 committee members. This means quorum is a simple majority of 12.

Victoria Ashley, Alternate Co-Coordinator
Doug Barnett
Marla Bernstein
Carol Bouldin
June Brashares
Eric Brooks
Maxine Daniel, Co-Coordinator
Sanda Everette
Sadie Fulton
Colt Gonzales
Randy Hicks
Josh Jones
Tarik Kanaana
James Lauderdale
Eric Luna
Lauren Mauricio
Ann Menasche
Mimi Newton
Nassim Nouri
Erik Rydberg
Adam Siegel
Laura Wells
Stephen Zollman, Alternate Co-Coordinator

Roll call
Present (15): Victoria Ashley, Doug Barnett, Marla Bernstein, June Brashares, Eric Brooks, Maxine Daniel, Colt Gonzales, Randy Hicks, Josh Jones, James Lauderdale, Ann Menasche, Mimi Newton, Nassim Nouri, Laura Wells, and Stephen Zollman.

Absent (8): Carol Bouldin*, Sanda Everette, Sadie Fulton, Tarik Kanaana, Eric Luna*, Lauren Mauricio*, Erik Rydberg, and Adam Siegel. (* Those designated with an asterisk arrived later, as noted below.)

Quorum was achieved at 7:39pm.

Lauren Mauricio joined the call at 7:40 pm.

Eric Luna joined the call at 7:42 pm.

------------------------------------------
(02) Roles (2 min)

Facilitator: Erick Brooks
Minutes taker: Mimi Newton
Time keeper: Nassim Nouri
Vibes Watcher: Stephen Zollman

------------------------------------------
(03) Approval of agenda (2 min)

*Sponsor*: Eric Brooks
*Proposal*: Approve the version of the agenda transmitted to the CC from Stephen Zollman on 8/5/18 at 1:14 pm

There are no questions or concerns.
Approved by consensus.

Proposal to add Mica’s late item to the agenda as item # (11).

Carol Bouldin joined the call at 7:45 pm.

There are no questions or concerns.
Approved by consensus.

Proposal to add Endorsements being included in the County Voter Recommendation Guides to the agenda as Item (10B).

There are no questions or concerns.
Approved by consensus.

------------------------------------------
(04) Decision: Approval of prior month's Minutes (2 min)

*Sponsor*: Eric Brooks
*Proposal*: Approve the minutes for the 7/2/18 meeting as recorded by Mimi Newton
*Reference*: See the UPDATED version of the draft Minutes that Mimi sent to the CC on August 4 at 1:15 pm.

There are no questions or concerns.
Approved by consensus.

------------------------------------------
(05) Announcement: Consent Calendar (2 min)

*Sponsor*: Eric Brooks
*Background and Purpose*: The consent calendar is intended to pass non-controversial items or items consensed prior to the actual meeting. Any item may be objected to and that item will be placed at the end of the evening's agenda.
*Proposal*: Accept the following committee reports for inclusion into the meeting minutes

The following Committee/Working Group reports were submitted and will be included into the meeting minutes:
Bylaws (Appendix A)
Finance (Appendix B)
Green Issues Working Group (Appendix C)
Clearinghouse Committee (Appendix D) (Submitted to the CC by Nassim at 8:26 pm on 8/6/18)

The following committees did not send reports:
Campaign Funding Support
Fundraising
IT
Media
Platform
State Meeting Planning

The following working groups did not send reports:
Campaigns and Candidates (CCWG)
Electoral Reform (ERWG)
Grassroots Organizing (GROW)

There are no questions or concerns.
Approved by consensus.

------------------------------------------

(06) Decision Item: That the Coordinating Committee Advertise to the Party Membership the Openings on Each of the Standing Committees (3 mins.)

Sponsors: Mimi Newton, Marin County

Background and Purpose: When vacancies exist on GPCA Standing Committees, the burden typically falls on the shoulders of those already carrying much of the load when it comes to continuing to get the Party’s business done. It helps if such vacancies can be filled up quickly and the GPCA Bylaws envision a process whereby the Coordinating Committee takes an active role in seeking out those who might be both helpful and interested.

Proposal: That the Coordinating Committee (CC) shall widely advertise to the Party membership the openings on each of the Standing Committees that have vacancies in accordance with GPCA Bylaw 9-1.2.

Implementation/Timeline/Resources: The CC Liaisons to each of the Standing Committees are requested to confirm membership and vacancies on each committee by no later than the September 10 CC Meeting, so as to enable a CC call for applicants to fill vacancies to be widely advertised in September of 2018 via email message from the Co-co’s on behalf of the CC.

References:
GPCA Bylaw 9-1.2 At least once a year and whenever vacancies exist, the Coordinating Committee shall widely advertise to the Party membership the openings on each Coordinating Committee-appointed committee. To be eligible, applicants shall submit an application to the Coordinating Committee stating their interest and qualifications.

List of CC Liaisons to Standing Committees (vacancies)
Bylaws Committee - Mimi Newton (3 currently but 4 as of September 2018)
Clearinghouse Committee - Maxine Daniel (3)
Finance Committee - Vic Ashley (3)
IT Committee - Sadie Fulton (2 or 3)
Media Committee - Eric Brooks (2)
Platform Committee - Tarik Kanaana (2)
Fundraising Committee - Deatra Cohen (2)

Mimi ran thru #’s of vacancies; Colt provided #s for Fundraising.
Discussion re: requirements for joining committees.

Randy asked questions about CC Vacancy (Angelica’s recent resignation)
Eric said Co Cos send out call for CC candidates etc.

Discussion re: questions about Committees and Working Groups CC Liaisons etc.

Mimi to send out an email and send an email to the CC calling for applications and vacancies, to include June’s info about the Campaign Fund Support Committee.

There are no questions or concerns.
Approved by consensus.

------------------------------------------

(07) Decision Item: That the CC hold an Election for CC Male Co-Coordinator and Male Alternate Co-Coordinator (10 mins.)

Sponsors: Mimi Newton, Marin County

Background and Purpose: The CC was supposed to begin the process of nominating candidates for both our Male Co-Coordinator and our Male Alternate Co-Coordinator in January of 2018(!). (See the CC Internal Procedures referenced below.)

Proposal: That the CC move forward with the election of a Male Co-Coordinator and Male Alternate Co-Coordinator in accordance with the process set forth in our internal procedures but that we begin this year in September, instead of January. Thus, where the Internal Procedures say “1-3.1 Nominations for Co-coordinators and alternate Co-coordinators shall open on the first Monday of January,” these nominations would instead open on the first Monday of September.

Implementation/Timeline/Resources:

References:
Coordinating Committee Internal Procedures at http://www.cagreens.org/committees/coordinating/procedures.

Article I: Co-Coordinators
Section 1-1: Number and term
1-1.1 As per GPCA Bylaws 6-1.9, all GPCA Standing Committees shall have two Co-coordinators, including the Coordinating Committee. This Article establishes that for the Coordinating Committee, there shall be a male and a female Co-coordinator and in a supporting role, a male and female alternate Co-coordinator.
1-1.2 Co-coordinators and alternates shall serve two year terms, with no term limits. Terms shall run from February of even-numbered years for the male Co-coordinator and male alternate, and from February in odd-numbered years for the female Co-coordinator and female alternate, except if the Coordinating Committee schedules a face-to-face retreat in January of each year, it may choose its co-coordinators at the retreat and the terms shall begin and/or end at the retreat upon election.
1-1.3 Alternates do not permanently assume the position of Co-coordinator if a Co-coordinator vacancy occurs. Rather, the alternate fulfills the duties and authority of Co-coordinator until the vacancy is filled as per 1-5.
** ** **
Section 1-3: Nominations
1-3.1 Nominations for Co-coordinators and alternate Co-coordinators shall open on the first Monday of January. Nominations may be made by any Coordinating Committee member, including the candidate. Nominations shall be considered made when posted to the Coordinating Committee email list. Nominations shall be considered accepted when posted as such to the Coordinating Committee email list by the candidate. Self-nominations shall be considered accepted when made. Nominations may be made and accepted for the same person for both Co-coordinator and alternate Co-coordinator.
1-3.2 Where the election will be held during the Coordinating Committee retreat, the nomination period shall close three days before the commencement of the retreat, such that if the retreat begins on a Saturday, nominations shall close at midnight on the preceding Tuesday. Where the election will be held on a Coordinating Committee teleconference, nominations shall close at midnight two days before the teleconference, such that if the teleconference is held on a Monday, nominations shall close at midnight on the preceding Friday.
1-3.3 Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit a candidate statement to the Coordinating Committee email list, no later than the commencement of the discussion period. The statement should address performance of the position sought, as its duties and responsibilities are defined in this Article, and contain a biography of relevant experiences. Candidates are encouraged to submit video material in support of their candidacy.
Section 1-4: Elections
1-4.1 Co-coordinators shall be elected either in person at Coordinating Committee retreat in either January or February via the process described in 1-4.2 or via a CC teleconference at the first Coordinating Committee teleconference in February via the process described in 1-4.3.
1-4.2 Co-coordinator election via Coordinating Committee retreat
1-4.2(a) Each candidate shall have the opportunity to make a three minute candidate statement. If any candidate is not in attendance, the candidate may either submit a written statement or make their statement via skype, speaker phone or other similar means. After candidates have made their statements, then there shall be a call for questions, concerns and affirmations, after which candidates may addresses concerns. After this, Coordinating Committee members may discuss the candidates among themselves before the vote commences. Voting shall be by instant run-off voting and shall include a No Other Candidate option. All Coordinating Committee members may cast votes, with those not in physical presence able to send in their votes by email, skype or speaker phone. Any candidate receiving a majority of votes cast is considered elected.
1-4.3 Co-coordinator election via teleconference
1-4.3(a) If there is only one candidate, the candidate shall make their statement, then there shall be a call for questions, concerns and affirmations, after which the candidate may addresses concerns. Then shall commence a three day voting period through midnight the ensuing Thursday. During this time discussion may continue on the Coordinating Committee email list. Votes shall be cast on a voting page equipped for instant run-off voting and shall include a No Other Candidate option. Any candidate receiving a majority of votes cast is considered elected.
1-4.3(b) If there is more than one candidate, each shall make their statement, then there shall be call for questions and concerns, after which the candidates addresses concerns. Then shall commence a six day voting period through midnight, the ensuing Sunday. During this time discussion may continue on the Coordinating Committee email list. Votes shall be cast on a voting page equipped for instant run-off voting and shall include a No Other Candidate option. Any candidate receiving a majority of votes cast is considered elected.
1-4.4 Alternate co-coordinator election via Coordinating Committee retreat
After the above election process described in 1-4.2 is completed for the Co-coordinators, the same process shall be conducted for alternate Co-coordinators.
1-4.5 Alternate co-coordinator election via Coordinating Committee teleconference
After the candidate statements and questions, concerns and affirmations are made for candidates for Co-coordinator, the same process will be held for candidates for alternate Co-coordinator. Once the election is completed for Co-coordinator, an on-line election shall commence for alternate Co-coordinator.
1-4.5(a) If there is only one candidate, on the following Monday shall commence a three-day voting period through midnight, the ensuing Wednesday. During this time discussion may continue on the Coordinating Committee email list. Votes shall be cast on a voting page equipped for instant run-off voting and shall include a No Other Candidate option. Any candidate receiving a majority of votes cast is considered elected.
1-4.5(b) If there is more than one candidate, on the following Monday shall commence a six-day above election process through midnight, the ensuing Saturday. During this time discussion may continue on the Coordinating Committee email list. Votes shall be cast on a voting page equipped for instant run-off voting and shall include a No Other Candidate option. Any candidate receiving a majority of votes cast is considered elected.

June offers a friendly amendment to change “September” to “August” as follows:
“ …these nominations would instead open on the first Monday of AUGUST [Delete: September].”

The term would still end at the end of the next odd-numbered year, and we would be back on calendar.

Female Co Co elections begin in January 2019.

There was a brief discussion about the work involved in being a Co-Co, which is roughly about a minimum of 5 hours per month and about the gender-specific Co-Co positions and the question of non-binary gender leadership positions.

The friendly amendment was accepted by Mimi.

There are no questions or concerns.
Approved by consensus.

------------------------------------------

(08) Decision Item: Clarification of July 2018 CC Decision sending out a call for new SGA Vote Administrators, and Alternate SGA Vote Administrators (3 mins)

Sponsor: Mimi Newton, Marin County

Proposal: That the CC clarify its July 2018 decision regarding a call to California Greens seeking volunteers to act as SGA Vote Administrators and Alternate SGA Vote Administrators in order to conform to the IT Protocol requirements such that Alternate SGA Vote Administrators automatically fill the SGA Vote Administrator vacancies. The call should be — and was in fact — a call for Alternate SGA Vote Administrators only.

Background: A call for candidates to fill the Alternate SGA Vote Administrator vacancies was recently widely distributed throughout the GPCA emails lists in accordance with the CC’s decision at its July 2018 Meeting. The call for candidates followed the language set forth in the IT protocol, which clearly calls for Alternate SGA Vote Administrators to become Vote Administrators if there are mid-term Vote Administrator vacancies, (see Section 5-1.4, below). With the resignation of Laura Wells prior to the July 2018 CC Meeting, the current SGA Vote Administrators are: Victoria Ashley, Eric Brooks and Brian Good. Any applicants for existing vacancies would be for the two Alternate SGA Vote Administrator positions.

Implementation/Timeline: Not applicable.

Resources:
Article V of the IT Protocol at http://www.cagreens.org/it-protocol
Article V. Electronic Vote Administration

Section 5-1 Standing General Assembly (SGA) Vote Administrators
5-1.1 The Coordinating Committee shall elect a minimum of five nominees (with gender balance and from 5 different counties), subject to 3/5 approval by the Coordinating Committee using ranked choice online voting in accordance with 7-2.4(a) of the GPCA bylaws, with the three highest ranked serving as SGA Vote Administrators to serve simultaneous two-year terms; and the next two ranked individuals to serve as Alternate SGA Vote Administrators for the same term. Terms shall run from June 1 to May 31 beginning in odd-numbered years. (For 2017 only, the CC will vote to approve the SGA Vote Administrators and alternates within one month after the adoption of this provision, by an online ranked choice vote.)

5-1.2 All nominees must be Green Party members and be recommended to the Coordinating Committee by their County Council to be eligible. A call for SGA Vote Administrator applicants shall be sent to the GPCA Inform, GPCA Forum and SGA Votes Email lists by the IT Committee at the direction of the Coordinating Committee, within the first 15 days of April of each odd-numbered year. For 2017 only, the call for SGA Vote Administrator applicants and alternates shall be sent within three (3) calendar days after adoption of this provision.)

5-1.3 In the event that an SGA Vote Administrator or Alternate seat is not filled by rank choice vote, the Coordinating Committee shall conduct an on-line vote to fill the seat(s) in accordance with Article IV of the Coordinating Committee’s Internal Procedures.

5-1.4 In the event of an SGA Vote Administrator mid-term vacancy, an Alternate of the same gender, if possible, shall fill the vacancy for the remainder of the term. If both alternates are the same gender, the Coordinating Committee shall select one at either their next regular meeting or by an online vote.

5-1.5 The Coordinating Committee shall conduct nominations and on-line votes to fill mid-term vacancies of Alternate seat(s) in a gender-balanced manner, and shall call for applicants to fill mid-term vacancies of Alternate seats within three (3) calendar days after becoming aware of the vacated seat(s).

5-1.6 SGA Vote Administrators may be recalled by a 2/3 vote of the SGA. The vote will be placed in the SGA voting queue with expedited process with a two week discussion and one week voting period upon request to the Coordinating Committee by six different SGA delegates from at least four different counties.

5-1.7 Where there is disagreement between SGA Vote Administrators, or a dispute has been filed, over management of SGA voting procedures or results, the threshold for SGA Vote Administrator decision-making shall be 2/3 and no fewer than two Vote Administrators in agreement for resolving the disagreement. If a Vote Administrator is not available an Alternate Administrator shall participate in the decision making in his or her place with the Alternate who shall participate being chosen at random. Quorum for all decisions shall be two.

5-1.8 Vote Administrator management of SGA voting procedures or results may be disputed by any six GPCA delegates, officers, and/or Vote Administrators from at least four different counties by filing a notice of the dispute to the Coordinating Committee, which shall immediately email the notice to the SGA Votes Email list. Vote Administrators shall decide on the dispute within two weeks after the notice of the dispute is filed. A decision by the Vote Administrators over such a dispute may be appealed by any six Green Party California delegates, officers and/or Vote Administrators from at least four different counties by filing a notice of the appeal to the Coordinating Committee. Such appeals shall be noticed by the Coordinating Committee and be voted on within one full month by the SGA, with at least one week allocated for discussion and at least one week allocated for voting by the SGA.

There was a brief discussion about what the vote Administrators do.

There were no additional questions and no concerns.
Approved by consensus.
------------------------------------------

Mimi nominates Stephen Zollman (and will follow up with confirmation of nomination by email) as Alternate Co Co.

------------------------------------------

(09) Decision Item: Send endorsement proposal to Save the Mattole's Ancient Forest and support the Rainbow Ridge Forest Defenders to the SGA (10 mins.)

Sponsors: Erik Rydberg, Humboldt County

Background and Purpose:
In between the Humboldt Redwoods State Park and the King Range National Conservation Area lies Rainbow Ridge, a hidden treasure connecting the redwoods to the sea.
About an hour south from Humboldt State University lies Rainbow Ridge, a fairy tale forest with 300-foot tall trees covered in lichen and moss. Fungi grows in all shapes, sizes and colors. Rare and endangered animals lurk; the agarikon, the pine marten, the Pacific fisher, the spotted owl, Coho salmon and Sonoma tree vole. The endangered Coho salmon return here to spawn.
“It is really important that we save the remainder of old growth. It is all that we have left,” conservation consultant for the Lost Coast League, Gabrielle Ward said. “We need to look at how we can help preserve and maintain landscape connectivity so that animals can continue to move across landscapes and not be isolated.”
Rainbow Ridge is a combination of coastal Douglas fir trees and mixed-hardwood forest along the north fork of the Mattole River. Inside of Rainbow Ridge’s 18,000 acres of forest and meadows lies 1,100 acres of old growth coastal Douglas fir trees.
Rainbow Ridge is “one of only two old growth Douglas fir forests that have been unentered and untouched, and the only one in California,” Joe Seney, a HSU lecturer in forestry and wildland soils, said.
“There are very few remaining tracks of old growth Douglas fir anywhere along this part of the California coast,” Seney said.
The Lost Coast League is a group of citizens from the Mattole watershed and they have been in land acquisition, litigation and conservancy since the early 1970s. The Lost Coast League has acquired and protected thousands of acres of forest since their inception.
“The goals of the Lost Coast League are to study, survey, understand and preserve and restore this forest,”.
The Lost Coast League hopes to acquire and restore Rainbow Ridge. The Rainbow Ridge is privately owned by the Fisher family, who is known for their GAP clothing stores. The Lost Coast League intends to purchase Rainbow Ridge from the Fisher family.
The Fisher family has struck a deal with Humboldt/Mendocino Redwood Co.(HRC) to log the old growth along Rainbow Ridge in the Mattole Forest. Let's support the Rainbow Ridge Forest Defenders in their protection of Mattole river watershed from new logging roads, disastrous landslides, toxic hack-n-squirt herbicide deaths (timber company puts poison inside hardwoods so they die standing, and become exponentially more flammable), the cutting of old growth Douglas firs in un-entered forest, the sedimentation and heating up of the Mattole river, and the ravaging of critical and contiguous habitat.
Humboldt/Mendocino Redwood Co. now contracts with Lear Asset Management Inc., a paramilitary style 'security outfit. Last week, Lear employees went out to the Rainbow Ridge area of the Mattole to threaten with tasers, dogs, and physical force, unarmed, peaceful forest defenders many miles deep in he woods. They stole defenders' survival gear; did dangerous things to the ropes holding defenders high in the air; employed sleep deprivation tactics with Mattole defenders over 100 feet above the ground; and, for hours, held down activists who were on the ground doing forest defender blockade support, until the Humboldt Sheriff's Department showed up and took the activists to jail. Lear camou-clad employees failed to even ask the forest defenders who they encountered on the ground to leave the area; they simply pointed tasers at them and took them down. This is unacceptable.

Proposal: Send proposal to Save the Mattole's Ancient Forest and endorse the efforts of the Rainbow Ridge Forest Defenders to the SGA. Activists are currently under assault by the private security contracting company Lear Asset Management Inc. hired by Humboldt Redwood Co.(HRC) to destroy blockades, threaten and harass activists with the Rainbow Ridge Forest Defenders.

Resources:

First hand on site activist accounts w/Rainbow Forest Defender "Farmer"
https://soundcloud.com/kmudnews/rainbow-ridge-tree-sitter-dire-straits?u...

Forests Forever Article:
http://www.forestsforever.org/campaigns/e-alerts/e2018Jul_StopAncientFor...

The Lumberjack article:
https://thelumberjack.org/2018/04/18/warriors-of-rainbow-ridge/

Our Empower Hour w/Rainbow Ridge Forest Defender "Pluto"
https://soundcloud.com/user-479740801/our-empower-hour-show-6-soulstice-...
--
June offered a friendly amendment for the CC to endorse Save the Mattole's Ancient Forest and the efforts of the Rainbow Ridge Forest Defenders now on behalf of the GPCA, and then take the question to the SGA for approval of the CC’s decision later because of time concerns; Eric Brooks will check with Erik Rydberg if he’s OK with having the CC take action now & get the SGA’s approval of the CC action later, and with that caveat he accepts June’s friendly amendment on Erik’s behalf.

Affirmation - Jones, Hicks, Menasche

Question -
What is time frame? As soon as we endorse - then put it up to SGA, assuming Erik Rydberg is on board with this approach. Eric Brooks commits to stay on top of SGA approval of the CC’s action at the next SGA Vote.

Twinkles.

There were no additional questions and no concerns.
Approved by consensus.

We endorse!

------------------------------------------

(10A) GPCA endorsement of Prop 10 (repeal Costa-Hawkins) - Erik Rydberg is not on the call, so Eric Brooks will explain this Decision Item:

After a brief introduction by Eric Brooks, there was additional discussion and affirmations (Menasche, Hicks). Further discussion concerned the urgency of moving forward as industry is spending millions. GPCA needs to endorse this now and get the ball rolling quickly. Once the CC acts, we can take the issue to the SGA to uphold the CC’s action with a Bylaws interpretation later. Prop. 10 itself is already up for SGA discussion in advance of the upcoming SGA Vote.

June offers a friendly amendment that the CC endorse Prop 10 now and that the SGA Vote include both an up or down on the proposition AND on the CC’s Bylaws interpretation.

Eric Brooks accepted friendly amendment on behalf of Erik Rydberg.

Further discussion resolved any of the concerns expressed initially.

There were no additional questions and no additional or outstanding concerns.
Approved by consensus.

We endorse!

------------------------------------------

Late Items

------------------------------------------

Item (10.B) - Jared’s request for voter nominated candidate endorsements

A discussion is had regarding Jared Laiti’s messages about the deadlines to get approval of County endorsements to the County registrars is coming up on August 15 and any requests need to get to Mica with enough time for her to review and act on requests.

The proposal is to give the CC Co Cos the authority to approve requests regarding endorsements of Greens and other non-corporate candidates for local County Voter guides.

Questions, concerns?
Stand aside concern - Eric Brooks has a concern that this process empowers county registrars to block locals from providing endorsements. Randy Hicks - has a stand aside concern for the same reason.

No other questions or concerns.

Approved by consensus.

------------------------------------------

Item (11) Proposal: Discussion Item, GPCA Facebook Group (Alternative)
Sponsor Mica Daniel
Background: There is a Green Party of California (Alternative) Facebook group started by Nicole Castor. How do you feel about this?

Additional information submitted by Jim Lauderdale on this issue: I will be submitting an Amendment to the GPCA By Laws through the by laws committee to address this issue. The Amendment will be posted to the blc on Monday. It should be considered by them, and if approved submitted to the fall SGA under their sponsorship.

A brief discussion was had.

------------------------------------------

Meeting adjourned at 9:30 pm.

Next Meeting: September 10, 2018, 7:30pm (September 3 is Labor Day)

++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===++
++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===++

APPENDIX A

Monthly Bylaws Committee Report to the GPCA Coordinating Committee – August 2018

From: The GPCA ByLaws Committee

To: The GPCA Coordinating Committee

Date: August 4, 2018

Submitted By: Mimi Newton, CC Liaison/Co-Co ByLaws Committee

* * *

Date of the last ByLaws Committee Meeting:

Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Attendees:
Gloria Purcell, Steve Breedlove, Mimi Newton, Laura Wells (quorum met with 4 out of 6 members present.

Absent (2): Vic Ashley,* Adam Siegel

Guest: (1): Ann Menasche

*Vic Ashley has missed 3 consecutive regular meetings and is no longer on the Committee, making 3 vacancies, with a 4th to open up in September, when Mimi Newton’s term runs out.

Date of the ByLaws Committee’s next meeting:

Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 7:00 pm, Call in number - (515) 739-1271, access code: 753142.

Any significant actions the Committee is taking:
— Creating a SubCommittee to provide recommendations regarding possible revisions to GPCA Bylaws relating to gender, e.g., CC Election provisions. Subcommittee to provide recommendations before September Bylaws Committee Meeting
— Continuing discussion regarding how to best accomplish revisions to remaining Bylaws per direction of General Assembly

++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===++
++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===++

APPENDIX B

July Finance Committee Report
Thursday July 26th, 2018, 8 – 9:00 pm

Present:
Victoria Ashley – Liaison, Co-co (8/8/2016 - 8/2018)
Maxine (Mica) Daniel – Co-co (1/23/2016-1/2020)
Ruscal Cayangyang – Treasurer (6/2017-6/2019)
Quinton Crawford – (9/2017-9/2019)

Absent:
Bob Marsh – (2/2017 – 2/2019)
Frank Lambert – (9/2017-9/2019)

GA Expenses and Income
* Ruscal will post when he completes the data for the next report shortly

Bank account balances:
* Travis Credit Union state acct: ~$13,208.00
* Travis Credit Union federal acct: $1,617.18
* One United acct: ~$757.54
* PayPal: $114.00
* Barnett PayPal: $65.00

Fines status
* No change

Upcoming expenses
* Nationbuilder – switching to monthly and will pay with Ruscal’s card ($518/mo); will be staying below the 165,000 contacts limit.

Fundraising Updates, Issues, Discussion
* Ruscal went to SF several times to get mailing permit number, but finally was successful.
* Colt & Ruscal and others got all of the documents done for the fundraising letter for Red Tie Printing. The final cost will be ~ $1000 and Ruscal will mail out the check shortly, so the letter will go out next week.
* PO Box in San Francisco – Ruscal now is on the account for the PO Box and Barry H will check it once a week.
* Callcentric, Liquid Web & NB are set up to be paid automatically from Ruscal’s CC.

Next Meeting: Thursday, August 23, 2018

++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===++
++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===++

APPENDIX C

GREEN ISSUES WORKING GROUP REPORT

From: "Randy Hicks"
To: "Green Party of California Inform List" , "Bridget Mckenna" , "Steve Breedlove" , "Erik Rydberg"
Sent: Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 5:37 PM
Subject: Fw: Agenda

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Randy Hicks"
To: "Bridget Mckenna"
Sent: Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 3:51 PM
Subject: Agenda
GREEN ISSUES AGENDA
INTRODUCTIONS
MINUTES FROM PLENARY
RANK ISSUES
CC ACTIONS
NEXT MEETING
ANNOUNCEMENTS
ADJOURNMENT

Phone number 16054725732 code 377780

++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===++
++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===++

APPENDIX D

GPCA-Clearinghouse committee summary of 8/11/18 monthly meeting.
Clearinghouse Committee - Meeting Minutes - Wednesday, August 1st 3 - 4:30 pm
Dial 605-472-5412 - Access code: 408531
Review of planned Q3 activities:
- From Q2- Order t-shirt and start up our online store - can not place an order until budget is approved by Finance Comm on corrected budget requested at $2600 / year or $1300 / 6 mon. Requesting input from Finance Committee.
- From Q2- Create a Chinese version of the GPCA trifold - In progress (by volunteers Rohan and Ivan)
- Collaborate with GROW to distribute printed versions of all collateral and also distribute electronically on GPCA ‘Media’ page - Ongoing
- Liaise with Media to update the website, and assist create an E-Library of graphics and memes – ongoing, Brett has done some of this and we will continue to update - Ongoing
- Work with IT on implementing an outreach & communication plan – Nassim helping with ‘Communications’ scheduling blasts through NB (approximately weekly) in collaboration with Media - Ongoing
- Collaborate with Media/IT to support integration of content on all communication channels – YouTube, FB, Twitter, website - Ongoing
- Updates and plans:
- Nassim training Jewel on replying to external communications and logging inquires to take over answering calls and directing volunteers.
- Ongoing updates for the CH Committee Handbook, added secondary roles, adding instructions and requirements.

Nassim Nouri
GPCA-CH co-coordinator
Green Party of Santa Clara County
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~